Map by Ron Stallcup/GoPensacola.com
You will be redirected to the page you want to view in seconds.
5 to 9 p.m. Friday. Stroll through downtown Pensacola while exploring galleries and businesses that will feature works by local artists. Some businesses will provide complimentary refreshments. Several streets will be closed to traffic for tonight's events, including North Palafox Street between Wright and Gregory streets; Palafox Place from Garden to Government streets; and Government Street in front of Seville Quarter. Street closures are sponsored by Stella Artois and Wind Creek Casino & Hotel. For picks from our "Eye on Art" columnist Mike Roberts, read today's column on page 13. For more information, call 434-5371, or visit www.downtownpensacola.com.
1. 600 South/New World Landing: 600 S. Palafox St. Showcasing Chef Nick Farkas' full-service Italian menu with live entertainment throughout the evening and fresh floral arrangements created artfully through Signature Designs By.
2. Art Praha: 124 Palafox Place. "Chai," the newest jewelry collection from JY Designs. This new assortment includes an exclusive array of Judaic symbols imported from Israel and incorporated into one-of-a-kind creations delicately handmade by the artist.
3. Artel Gallery: 223 Palafox Place. "Clashes of Culture" is the gallery's current cutting-edge exhibition. Duncan Stewart's one-man show is also showing in Artel's Award Alcove.
4. Blazzues: 200 Palafox Place. Mobile's the Moon Pies perform a free show starting at 8 p.m. Multiple outside bars will be available.
5. Blue Morning Gallery: 21 Palafox Place. "Summer Soiree" featured artists include Amy Hines (metal sculpture), Mark Schmitt (tile), Jim Sweida (photography) and Mary Anne Sweida (acrylic). Browse and visit with the featured artists. Enjoy music, food and an elegant gallery experience.
6. Deborah Dunlap Properties: 114 Palafox Place. Featuring culinary artist Adonna Zehr and her cakes, along with musician Devan Dunlap.
7. Digital Now Reprographics: 282 N. Palafox St. A classic and exotic car show coordinated by Iron Horse Restorations will close Palafox Street from Wright Street to Chase Street. DJ Rey Munoz will provide music for dancing in the street. Oh Snap! Cupcakes will present new sweet treats. Air Mania and The Global Corner will have children's activities. Beach Pops will offer frozen treats. Soft Rock 94.1 FM will present the Nemours Coloring Wall to bring out the kid in everyone. The North Palafox Art Gallery will present local artists and there will be artists in and around the park. Steve V. of Shoreline Foods will teach you how to pick the best olive oil, and the new Polonza Bistro will be open.
8. Distinctive Kitchens: 29 Palafox Place. Enjoy the art of culinary theater.
9. Dog House Deli: 30 Palafox Place. Acoustic guitarist Nicole Ponder will perform.
10. Don Alan's: 401 S. Palafox St. Featuring the fine art and painted glassware of Beege Welborn.
11. Elise Coastal Dining: 22 N. Palafox St. Featuring artist-in-residence Diane Brim.
12. First United Church/Perry Home Coffee House: 6 E. Wright St. Located inside the Historic Governor Perry Home, and featuring local artists and musicians; a selection of coffees, teas and pastries; and tours of the Perry Home and Wesley Abbey.
13. The Global Grill: 27 Palafox Place. Paintings from local artists including Quenby Tyler, Riece Walton and Reese Foret.
14. Grand Reserve Cigar Shop: 210 Palafox Place. A jazz combo will perform live.
15. Great Southern Restaurant Group: Seville Tower, 226 Palafox Place. Jackson's Steakhouse, The Fish House, Atlas Oyster House and the Fish House Deck Bar will present live entertainment in the courtyard at Seville Tower along with beer and wine specials.
16. Hopjacks Pizza Kitchen & Taproom, 10 Palafox Place. James Adkins & Friends will be playing on the balcony from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
17. Indigeaux Denim Bar & Boutique, 122 Palafox Place. Featuring artwork by Evan Levin.
18. Intermission: 214 Palafox Place. Fetauring live local music.
19. Jackson's Steakhouse: 400 Palafox Place. Local songwriter and musician Lucas Crutchfield will entertain on the patio from 5 to 9 p.m.
20. Jordan Valley Café: 128 Palafox Place. Programming to be announced.
21. New York Nick's: 9-11 Palafox Place. Programming to be announced.
22. Pensacola Museum of Art: 407 S. Jefferson St. The museum will offer free admission and live entertainment from 5 to 9 p.m. as it displays the works of more than 130 local artists in the "Members' Annual Juried Exhibition." "Chagall for Children," an interactive, hands-on exhibition on loan from the Kohl Children's Museum of Greater Chicago, will also be on display.
23. Play: Upstairs at 16 Palafox Place. Play will be featuring the art of Chris Pichotta, an abstract painter originally from Minnesota. Pichotta defines texture and contrasting colors by using different kinds of paint and other additives such as plaster, wax, sand and fiberglass.
24. Quayside Art Gallery: 17 E. Zarragossa St. "Summertime in Pensacola" is the theme for the members' show at Quayside Gallery, along with the special 5-member show in the East Gallery, titled "The Fifth Dimension." Demonstrating artists Scott Stahler (acrylics), Kate Owens (portraits) and Bill Bryan (woodworking) will be just outside the gallery, while Kathy Sheppard (watercolors) and Laurie Flynn (fiber) will be upstairs. Cool jazz will envelope all the art, artists and refreshments.
25. Ragtyme Grille, 201 S. Jefferson St. Michelle West will perform inside and the Blenders will perform in Deluna's Courtyard. The featured artist will be Marie Gossom.
26. Saenger Theatre, 118 Palafox Place. Broadway Open House at the Saenger Theatre. All available Broadway season seats will be tagged for easy selection. There also will be performances on the Saenger stage by the student group TGH Bound for Broadway and tours of the stage and backstage areas.
27. Seville Quarter: 130 E. Government St. Seville Quarter has invited more than 50 local artists and vendors to showcase their skills, crafts and artwork in the street in front of the historical complex. At the end of the "Art in the Streets" show, Seville Quarter will present the inaugural Fiesta de San Fermin en Pensacola. The two-evening event will be a blend of Ernest Hemingway, Spain, music, food and drink in a "semi life-threatening" experience. A "Chupinazo," or opening celebration, is scheduled for this evening, with live entertainment, food, beverages and a procession honoring San Fermin, the Patron Saint of Pamplona, Spain. The "running of the bulls" takes place Saturday.
28. Sole Inn and Suites: 200 N. Palafox St. Featuring live music in the courtyard and local art in the lobby.
29. Susan Campbell Jewelry: 32 Palafox Place. View a unique collection of handmade, gallery-quality jewelry.
30. The Leisure Club: 126 Palafox Place. Featuring the paintings of Evan Levin.
31. The Spotted Dog: 194 N. Palafox St. Enjoy the grand opening of downtown Pensacola's new pet boutique and bakery.
32. Truth for Youth: 432 Belmont St.: Robert Atkins, a native of the Belmont-Devilliers neighborhood, will be the featured artist in the Devilliers Street Gallery of the Truth for Youth Learning and Resource Center. Located inside the Belmont Building, Truth for Youth will present the latest creations of this local artist. Musical interludes will be presented by the artist's son, Robert Atkins Jr., creating a family friendly experience for all. Attendees also can meet and visit the studios of the newest studio artist, Michael Dicks, who created the pelican for Pensacola's annual New Year's Eve Pelican Drop. PNDS will present an open house in the workshop annex of the Belmont Building with display of the works of Dicks and his associates, including Dicks' wood, metal and mixed-media creations.
33. Vic & Ike's: 104 Palafox Place. Featuring Pensacola Bay Brewery.
34. Vinyl Music Hall: 2 Palafox Place. Doors open from 5 to 8 p.m. for art and refreshments. At 9 p.m., Mobile-based rockers Top of the Orange take the stage to play a mix of originals and covers. Admission to the show is free for ages 21 and older and $5 cash at the door for those younger than 21.
35. Wide Angle Photo Club: The Wright Place, 8 E. Wright St. The Wide Angle Photo Club presentes its annual "Power of Photography" show.
36. Wine World Wine Bar: Downstairs at 16 Palafox Place. Enjoy local art in the breezeway.