Gallery Night will again pack the streets of downtown Pensacola on Friday. / Jody Link/GoPensacola.com
Gallery Night map / Ron Stallcup/GoPensacola.com
You will be redirected to the page you want to view in seconds.
Today from 5 p.m. to midnight, stroll through downtown Pensacola while exploring galleries and businesses that will feature works by local artists. Some businesses will provide complimentary refreshments.
Several streets will be closed to traffic for tonight's events, including Palafox Place from Garden to Government streets and Government Street in front of Seville Quarter. Street closures from 5 to 9 p.m. are sponsored by Stella Artois and Purus Organic Wheat Vodka, and from 9 p.m. to midnight by GoPensacola.com. For more information, call 434-5371, or visit www.downtownpensacola.com.
1. Adonna's Bakery and Café: 114 Palafox Place: Artistic baked goods.
2. Artel Gallery: 223 Palafox Place. Celebrate the talents of local contemporary artists and young performing artists in the historic Old Escambia County Courthouse.
3. Belle Ame': 112 Palafox Place: Yvette will display her assortment of handmade bath and body products. Products will be available for sampling.
4. Bikes Plus: 194 N. Palafox St. Celebrate the grand opening.
5. Blue Morning Gallery: 21 Palafox Place. The New Blues Deux featured artists show continues at the Blue Morning Gallery, exhibiting works by Amy Hines, metal; Freddy "Ukiah" Myers, surfboard art; Jim Paulis, pottery; Suzanne Tuzzeo, photography; Connie Wendleton, iconography; and Sue Woodson, pottery.
6. Digital Now Reprographics: 282 N. Palafox St. "Gallery Night North" will feature a "Semper Fi Celebration." Preview the Marine Aviation Memorial Tower, scheduled to be placed at the Veteran's Memorial Park in downtown Pensacola as a centennial celebration of the first solo flight of 1st Lt. A. A. Cunningham. Make a monetary donation or purchase a mug or T-shirt to support this dedication. Air Mainia bounce house will provide children's entertainment, and Soft Rock 94.1 FM will present the Nemours Coloring Wall. There will be a "Show and Shine" car show from 5 to 9 p.m., as well as a preview of Wedding Wheels vintage limousine service. There also will be huge bronze sculptures by Dan Lindemann on display, and "Art in the Park" will feature artists in the North Palafox median between Garden and Wright Streets.
7. Distinctive Kitchens: 29 Palafox Place. Browse and shop the store while enjoying some wine.
8. Dog House Deli: 30 Palafox Place. Featuring the music of Nicole Ponder and the photography of Nathan Holler.
9. Don Alan's: 401 S. Palafox St. Featuring the fine art and painted glassware of Beege Welborn.
10. Dollarhide's Music Center: 41 Palafox Place. Gospel music with Michael Dean and the Deliverers performing on the sidewalk from 6 to 8 p.m.
11. Epic Inc.: 210 E. Government St. Enjoy the work of local artists.
12. First United Methodist Church of Pensacola and The Perry Home Coffee House: 2 E. Wright St. "The Art of Eleuthera" is a collection of digital photographs taken during First Church's mission trips to the Bahamas in 2010-12. Music will be by local singer/songwriter Jon Morris on the porch of the Perry Home Coffee House. Complimentary refreshments including delicious cookies, coffee, teas and specialty drinks will be available.
13. The Global Grill: 27 Palafox Place. Paintings from local artists including Quenby Tyler, Riece Walton and Reese Foret.
14. Gulf Coast Community Bank: 40 N. Palafox St. Featuring the work of Sonja Griffin Evans, acclaimed international multicultural artist and owner of Gumbo Gallery. A Gullah Cultural Artist, Evans is passionate about artistically depicting her culture and heritage through her painting to preserve its imagery for future generations.
15. Grand Reserve Cigar Shop: 210 Palafox Place. Live music with a jazz combo.
16. Helen Back Café/Lotus Lounge: 22 Palafox Place. Drink specials and live music by Shenanigans.
17. Hopjacks Pizza Kitchen & Taproom: 10 Palafox Place. Live music on the balcony by James Adkins.
18. Indigeaux Denim Bar & Boutique: 122 Palafox Place. Jewelry from a local artist.
19. Intermission: 214 Palafox Place. Live music.
20. Jewelers Trade Shop: 26 Palafox Place. Enjoy upbeat and toe-tapping tunes from Britt Landrum and admire cutting-edge paintings, photographs and digital works from graphic designer Luke Infinger.
21. Jordan Valley Café: 128 Palafox Place. Programming to be announced.
22. London W1 Hair Salon & Studio: 120 Palafox Place. Live music by Beatles tribute band Not Quite Fab on the balcony.
23. Mezza De Luna: 8 Palafox Place. An eclectic range of items including original paintings, furniture, women's and men's apparel, metal and wood sculptures and custom jewelry. Irish Rum Punch and cookies will be available.
24. Nacho Daddies: 34 Palafox Place. Enjoy the works of local artists.
25. New York Nick's: 9-11 Palafox Place. Specials and March Madness.
26. Play: Upstairs at 16 Palafox Place. Play will be featuring the artwork of Painting With A Twist artist Marcy Moon. Besides her ongoing tribute to vintage-era arcade games, she will be featuring figures and portraits concentrating on commercial idealism.
27. Quayside Art Gallery: 17 E. Zaragoza St. "The Q Collection," a collection of jewelry and paintings by Nikki Strahota, Shari McAlarney, Linda Devins and Becky Makla. Demonstration artists are Scott Stahler, Betty Woods and Laurie Flynn in the upstairs gallery and Nikki Strahota and Shari McAlarney demonstrating jewelry making in the east gallery. Singer/songwriter Jim St. James will be performing.
28. Ragtyme Grill: 201 S. Jefferson St. Live music with Michelle West (contemporary dance) and Ray "Big Dog" Coley (blues/jazz).
29. Rock Hard Designs, 16 N. Palafox St. "Burning Water" is the Yin antithetical (creation) representing the heart's passions, or "hot blood." See the most recent "Burning Water" designs made for Rock's Invitational Exhibition in Abu Dhabi.
30. Seville Quarter: 130 E. Government St. Seville Quarter's "Gallery Night Art in the Streets and Hot Rod Car Show" will feature more than 60 local artists vendors showcasing their skills, crafts and artwork in the street in front of the historical complex. A hot rod car show will feature cars in the street all the way to Palafox Place. Seville Quarter also will host a free wine & beer tasting in the Wine & Gift Shop starting at 5 p.m.
31. Sole Inn and Suites: 200 N. Palafox St. Enjoy live music and local artists.
32. The Great Southern Restaurant Group: The Courtyard at Seville Tower, 226 Palafox Place. The Great Southern Events; Jackson's Steakhouse, The Fish House, Atlas Oyster House and the Deck Bar will present live music from Lucas Crutchfield along with beer and wine specials and the artwork of local photographer Barrett McClean.
33. The Leisure Club: 126 Palafox Place. Featuring local art and music.
34. The Spotted Dog: 124 Palafox Place. New location, programming to be announced.
35. The Tin Cow: 102 Palafox Place. New burger and beer restaurant, programming to be announced.
36. Vinyl Music Hall: 2 Palafox Place. Art show from 5 to 8 p.m., followed by a free concert featuring tribute bands Poison'd and Red White & Crue starting at 9 p.m. After 9 p.m., admission is restricted to ages 18 and older, and there is a $5 surcharge for those younger than 21.
37. Wine World Wine Bar: Downstairs at 16 Palafox Place. Enjoy local art in the breezeway.
38. Zarzaur Law Firm: 11 E. Romana St. "Legal Graffiti" offers visitors the ability to perform graffiti art on the north wall of the law firm. Donations are accepted for the benefit of Northwest Florida Legal Aid, which provides noncriminal free representation to indigent members of the community. Participants use only those paints provided and only paint in the areas designated. Other than that, all ages and expressions are encouraged. Designs are displayed on Zarzaur Law's blog and Facebook page.
39. Susan Campbell Jewelry: 32 Palafox Place. Programming to be announced.