Luke Baxter wears a 'This is not Beirut' shirt while enjoying a Gallery Night with friends. The first Gallery night of 2013 is tonight. / file photo
You will be redirected to the page you want to view in seconds.
Tonight marks the first Gallery Night of 2013, and the downtown streets will stay closed until midnight, letting the good times continue throughout the evening.
Street closures are sponsored by Stella Artois from 5-9 p.m. and by Pensacola Mardi Gras from 9 p.m. until midnight.
Take your time and explore galleries and businesses featuring the works of dozens of local artists, soak up the sounds of local musicians and savor the aromas of local cuisine.
For more information, call 434-5371, or visit www.downtownpensacola.com/things-to-do/gallery-night.
1. Adonna’s Bakery and Café: 114 Palafox Place. Artistic baked goods.
2. Artel Gallery: 223 Palafox Place. Local contemporary artists and young performing artists.
3. Belle Ame’: 112 Palafox Place. Yvette will present of handmade bath & body products.
4. Blue Morning Gallery: 21 Palafox Place. “New Blues,” artists who have joined the gallery in the past year. Celtic band Sweet Prospect and the Dove Chocolate Lady will add to the enjoyment.
5. Carmen’s Lunch Bar: 407-B S. Palafox St. Mariel Heart will represent the Heart Department, sharing unique handcrafted jewelry.
6. Dog House Deli: 30 Palafox Place. Programming TBA.
7. Dollarhide’s Music Store: 41 Palafox Place. The performance stage will feature Jim Erickson performing jazz, standards and original songs from 6 to 8 p.m.
8. Don Alan’s: 401 S. Palafox St. Featuring the fine art and painted glassware of Beege Welborn.
9. First United Methodist Church of Pensacola (First Church) and The Perry Home Coffee House: 2 E. Wright St. Arts, crafts, music and food and entertainment. Tours of the Historic Governor Perry Home and Wesley Abbey, built in 1867, also will be available.
10. The Global Grill: 27 Palafox Place. Paintings from local artists including Quenby Tyler, Riece Walton and Reese Foret.
11. Grand Reserve Cigar Shop: 210 Palafox Place. Live jazz combo.
12. Helen Back Café: upstairs at 22 Palafox Place. Programming TBA.
13. Hopjacks Pizza Kitchen & Taproom: 10 Palafox Place. Art by Hopjacks employees Mark Atkins, Linz DeSeno, Poppie Garcia, Nathaniel Johnston and Blake Jones.
14. Indigeaux Denim Bar & Boutique: 122 Palafox Place. Jewelry from a local artist.
15. Intermission: 214 Palafox Place. Programming TBA.
16. London W1 Hair Salon & Studio: 120 Palafox Place. Programming TBA.
17. Nacho Daddies: 34 Palafox Place. Programming TBA.
18. New York Nick’s, 9-11 Palafox Place. Specials.
19. Pensacola Opera at the Saenger Theatre: 118 Palafox Place. Featuring “The Barber of Seville” at 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $30.
20. Pink Picasso: 19 Palafox Place. Live music by Hot Blue and new art by Ally Hunt.
21. GoPensacola.com/Pensacola News Journal: Palafox Place between Romana and Intendencia streets. Visit the GoPensacola.com truck to donate food for the Krewe du Go and GoPensacola.com Food Drive for Manna. All donors receieve special beads and GoPensacola.com goodies. Krewes can earn “beans” (votes) for their Priscus campaigns for each item or dollar donated.
22. Pita Pit: 1 Palafox Place. Programming TBA.
23. Quayside Art Gallery: 17 E. Zaragoza St. Artists will be doing demonstrations outdoors and on the third floor.
24. Relay For Life at Northwestern Mutual: 108 Palafox Place. Programming TBA.
25. Seville Quarter: 130 E. Government St. Seville Quarter has invited more than 60 local artists and vendors to showcase their skills, crafts and artwork in the street in front of the historical complex. A free wine and beer tasting starts at 5 p.m. in the Wine & Gift Shop.
26. Sole Inn and Suites: 200 N. Palafox St. Live music and local artists.
27. Susan Campbell Jewelry: 32 Palafox Place. Art of jewelry.
28. The Bodacious Olive: 407-D S. Palafox St. Programming TBA.
29. The Great Southern Restaurant Group at the Courtyard at Seville Tower: 226 Palafox Place. Jackson’s Steakhouse, The Fish House, Atlas Oyster House and the Deck Bar will present music from Lucas Crutchfield and the work of local photographer Barrett McClean. A full bar will serve beer, wine and cocktails, as well as sandwiches.
30. The Leisure Club: 126 Palafox Place. The featured artist is Alexandra Gjurasic and her mixed-media collection titled “Urchins, Feathers and Mums.”
31. The Spotted Dog: 124 Palafox Place. Pet photographer Allison Shamrell.
32. The Tin Cow: 102 Palafox Place. Bethany & Carl Wilson showcase their “America!” display.
33. Troy University at Morgan Stanley: 850 S. Palafox St. Stop by for giveaways.
34. Vinyl Music Hall: 2 Palafox Place. Indie pop band Freelance Whales performs with support from Hundred Waters and Il Adanico. Tickets: $15; $5 surcharge for those younger than 21.
35. Wine World Wine Bar: Downstairs at 16 Palafox Place. Enjoy local art in the breezeway.
36. World of Beer/Blend Lounge: 200 Palafox Place. Drink specials.
37. Zarzaur Law Firm: 11 E. Romana St. Grab a paint can and spray your art on the north wall of the law firm. All spray paint and paper is provided by Zarzaur Law. Do not bring your own spray cans from home.